Monday 15 July 2013



My daughter, Meghan playing with the Apple Photo Booth app.  She is beautiful, even when her head is a little distorted.

Stunning, Dad!!

154 people have viewed my blog!  This includes 3 times reading my own blog!!  This (the 151 viewers, not my 3 personal reviews) is only important because it motivates me to keep writing.  I have no interest in being popular, only in being useful and enlightening.  I also have a minor sense of competing against my son, Jason, who also just started a blog.  How many viewers have you had Jason?  I have told Jason my whole life that I want to write a book and I am worried that he will beat me to it!!

Today was my first day being a "world class leader".  This is a designation that I shared with my wife recently when I stated "well, I am not a world class leader".  She then motivated me to become a world class leader and has been calling me one ever since.  I am not certain what the statement means, however, being called one and acting like one has definitely helped me to have a better day.

Here are the top 10 characteristics of a world class leader (in the Scott Goobie view of the world):

1) Humble
2) Patient
3) Decisive
4) High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
5) Authentic
6) Generous Listener
7) Strong Presence
8) Deeply Passionate
9) Exceedingly Courageous
10) Visionary
11) Resonant (like a well tuned piano - in terms of relationships)
12) Left Brain Strong (analytical like an engineer)
13) Right Brain Stronger (creative like an artist)
14) Compassionate
15) Strong Willed

Yes, there are more than 10, so you can pick out the ones you like.  If I had to shorten the list to 10, I would combine #12 and #13 into 1, #8 and #15 into 1, and add sense of humour to #4.  I would combine #2 and #14 into 1 and then say, I can only reduce the list to 12.  Finally, I would add highly ethical to #5 and, in order to feel complete and help explain why there are still 12 top characteristics in my list of top 10, I would add "comfortable with ambiguity" to #4.

Now, if I boiled all 12 of those together and created the magical creature that had all of these in abundance, I am certain that the outcome would be somewhat different from me.  I am measuring those gaps and learning the practices and seeking the experiences that will grow Scott Goobie into this hopeful emerging future.

Thanks, Darling, for believing in me!!

Love, Dad







No comments:

Post a Comment